Jan 29, 2012

.:{ Buttermilk Pancakes with Homemade Tart Blueberry Sauce }:.

This is a recipe I don't want to forget.

You can use your favorite recipe for pancakes, any kind really. I'm partial to buttermilk (even if I have to make the buttermilk myself!) The most important tip I can say is to always allow the batter to rest before you put it on the hot griddle.

.:{ Homemade Tart Blueberry Sauce }:.

1 1/2 cups of Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
3 Tbsp of honey (or 1/2 cup of sugar)
1/2 cup of cranberry juice (or any blend)
1 Tbsp of corn starch

Put blueberries, honey and juice into a pot over medium heat. Let it come to a soft boil. Blueberries should be soft, use the back of a spoon or ladle to mash up most of the berries. Mix in the cornstarch, bring heat down to low to let it simmer another minute. Stir and serve over hot pancakes.

When I made this today I used cranberry & pomegranate juice and that was SO good. It really added a tartness to the sauce and the honey gives it a great sweetness. You can substitute sugar instead of honey but you'll have to constantly stir to get the sugar to dissolve. Lastly I must note that I adapted this recipe of the sauce from this link, the only change is cranberry juice instead of orange juice: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/blueberry-waffles-with-fast-blueberry-sauce/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment