May 24, 2011

.:{ Book Review - Money Secrets of the Amish }:.

I have been trying to save my life from debt and learn to live with what we have for a couple years. When I saw this book was available, I thought "maybe I could learn a thing or two". Lorilee Craker wrote "Money Secrets of the Amish" to help show how the Amish have survived
recessions. Like others, I thought it would talk only about growing and canning my own food, and making our own clothes, and other such things. It was interesting with the ideas that were given.

Non-Amish people are quite spoiled in comparison to the Amish. They only use what they need in order to live. The Amish don't take pride in such things like diamonds, fancy cars, video games and other worldly possessions. They learn to live as a community by supporting each other, and it really makes me wonder who my neighbors are. It also makes me think about the things I have around the house. It wouldn't be easy to back down to
the ways of the Amish, but in some ways I have. Many things have become unimportant to me in the last few years and reading this book has made me realize other things I could do without. It's an eye-opener for anyone who reads this, but it's also an humbling read. We could all learn a lesson or two from the Amish.

I review for BookSneeze®

No comments:

Post a Comment